Family Life, 2nd Edition, K-8 — RCL Benziger
Parish & School Edition
Adaptable and flexible to supplement any religious education program. Resources help family members improve communication, share faith, and grow in their practice of Catholic living. The new 2nd Edition includes:
- A refreshed design - the cover and interior design along with many of the images have been updated to reflect today's families in diverse situations
- New diverse life stories - the life stories open each lesson and reflect the concerns of today's families
- Alignment with social emotional learning - both the student textbooks and teacher guides align with SEL standards and benchmarks
- Child safety education in the student edition - student edition now includes the Safer Together feature in every lesson, providing quick tips empowering children to be confident and safe
- Inspiring quotes from the popes - The Faith on the Fridge feature now includes inspiring statements from Pope John Paul II, Pope Benedict XVI, and Pope Francis connecting the Family Time take-home pages to the Parent Connection: Opportunities to Love magazine
This innovative program focuses on partnering with parents. It guides children, parents, teachers, and catechists to integrate five themes into Catholic family living: God’s gifts of family, self, life, love, and community. It presents the teachings of the Church with clarity and offers unparalleled support for Catholic families.
The four Cardinal Virtues—justice, fortitude, temperance, and prudence—and their associated Moral Virtues are taught and reinforced through every unit of each grade level. Each lesson helps students and their families begin to practice the skills required to incorporate the highlighted virtue into everyday family living.
Ebooks and Digital Resources
One-year access to digital student books and teacher manuals is included with purchase of the corresponding print component upon request. Also includes access to all digital content on the Flourish portal. Request digital access when placing your phone order or make a note in the Special Instructions at checkout on the website. RCL Benziger will contact you with your Flourish username and password. Unused access from previous years cannot be used at a later time.
(©2022) Imprimatur. NOTE: As of 2016, the Bishops' Subcommittee on the Catechism no longer reviews supplemental programs. Family Life, first edition, 2011, was found in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church, to be used only as supplemental to other basal catechetical texts. Doctrinal content remains the same in this second edition.
38 program components.
Not in stock.
Estimated ship date: about two weeks from ordering