The Catechist's Field Guide to Confirmation
Item Number: ACEN-784363
The Catechist’s Field Guide to Confirmation takes the fear and stress out of being a Confirmation catechist.
The prospect of volunteering as a Confirmation catechist can be intimidating and even a little confusing. But The Catechist’s Field Guide offers a clear vision of your mission as a catechist and how to achieve it.
You’ll come away understanding the who’s, what’s, and why’s of Confirmation prep, confident in your ability to witness the Faith to your candidates and help raise them up into lifelong discipleship.
The Catechist’s Field Guide provides:
- Guidance on Confirmation’s purpose and nature, keeping you focused on a single, unwavering objective.
- Explanations around the 7 “pieces of equipment” the Holy Spirit provides us through our Confirmation, which helps you equip your candidates for a life in Christ.
- Insights into those reasons that candidates (and their parents) might have for seeking Confirmation, helping you meet them where they are.
- A systematic unpacking of the ways the Holy Spirit’s presence “overflows” and pours out of us through his fruits.
- The Five-Stage “Roadmap” that helps you smoothly navigate the way to an effective Confirmation prep experience.
- Detailed dossiers on the four “types” of Confirmation candidates you’ll come across in your time as a catechist (including tips on how to engage each and every one).
- Profiles on the four categories of parent’s you’re likely to encounter as a catechist, advice on how to reach each one, and tips for addressing questions and concerns.
- Strategies for transitioning your program digitally to accommodate distance learning, online meetings, and flipped classrooms.
- A seasoned high school teacher’s advice from the front lines regarding classroom management, reaching teens where they are, and much more.
Weight: 0.300 lbs