Belonging: Baptism in the Family of God, Revised — Ascension
Belonging: Baptism in the Family of God is designed to provide parents with an incredible encounter with Jesus and with the Church. This program seeks to prepare parents to have their children baptized and to win over their hearts at this important time in their lives. Parents will learn what it means to be children of God and that in the Church, they will always have a place where they belong.
The Belonging Session Guide provides a lightweight, engaging resource for your baptism prep meeting or event.
The Parent’s Guide is a deeper follow-up offering that has been designed to bring the experience of the sacrament to life.
How to Use Belonging:
- Step 1 - Use the Belonging Session Guide with your baptism prep parents during their meeting at your parish.
- Step 2 - Offer your baptism prep parents the Belonging Parent's Guide to take home and continue to deepen and live out their faith.
- Step 3 - Encourage your baptism prep parents to watch the Belonging videos from the comfort of their own homes.
Both the Session Guide and the Parent's Guide follow the same format, presenting:
- Part I: The Meaning of Baptism
- Part II: The Rite of Baptism
- Part III: The Role of Parents and Godparents
- Part IV: Raising a Young Catholic Family