Journey of Faith for Adults
Breaking Open The Word, Year B
An RCIA Guide to Sunday Scripture
$11.04 Save 15%
Publisher: Liguori Publications
Item Number: LIGU-827662View Sample
Currently not stocked. Estimated ship date: about two weeks from ordering
View Complete ProgramJourney of Faith for Adults
Breaking Open the Word assists leaders of adult and teen Christian initiation, as well as Bible study groups, to "break open" and explore the word of God proclaimed in the Sunday liturgy. The pastoral commentary and reflection questions by Biblical scholar Mary Katharine Deeley facilitate meditation and discussion, bringing Scripture alive and making it relevant to today.
Breaking Open the Word can be used on its own or in combination with Liguori Publications’ Journey of Faith RCIA program. Each liturgy is cross-referenced to a Journey of Faith lesson, enabling a Lectionary-based approach to catechesis for Christian initiation.
Separate volumes of Breaking Open the Wordare available for each year of the three-year liturgical cycle, and each includes additional materials for use during Lent and the Easter Triduum.
Each volume of Breaking Open the Word features:
- The lectionary readings for all Sundays of the liturgical year, Advent through the Feast of Christ the King
- In addition to the Year B readings, the Year A readings for the third, fourth, and fifth Sundays of Lent are included for use when the Scrutinies are celebrated with the Elect
- The lectionary readings for the Easter Triduum
- The lectionary readings for those occasional Sunday feasts that supersede Ordinary Time celebrations
- Scripture commentary for each Sunday’s Lectionary readings
- Discussion questions for every set of readings
- A cross-reference linking each Sunday’s Lectionary readings to the Journey of Faith catechetical lessons
- A collection of brief gathering prayers and dismissal prayers for each phase of the initiation process
Paperback, 8.5 x 11, 190 pages. (©2020)
Weight: 1.050 lbs